The COMPLETE SOLUTION for low magnification inspection, manipulation and documentation tasks.
Mantis Elite-Cam is comprised of a standard Mantis Elite 'eyepiece-less' stereo microscope offering truly superb 3D imaging with a factory integrated digital camera.
Combined with a choice of software options you are able to carry out easy-to-use image archiving or more advanced annotation, mark-up, dimensioning and simple measurement.
Winner of numerous industry design awards, the outstanding ergonomic design of Mantis microscopes is unrivalled by other inspection stereo viewers.
- 2x – 20x optical magnification options (two position quick change turret)
- Superior ergonomics for fatigue-free viewing and increased quality / productivity
- Mantis Elite optical head, with factory integrated and sealed USB2.0 camera
- Simple PC based image capture software included
- Powerful DimensionOne™ imaging and measurement software (optional upgrade)
- Ideal for training purposes
- Choice of stands and accessories to suit numerous applications
Simple, easy-to-use AMCap image and video capture software is included as standard to allow you to quickly get up and running.
Upgrade to the powerful DimensionOne™ software to get the added benefits of annotation, dimensioning and on-screen measurement tools. Invaluable for image archiving, documentation and reporting - fundamental to quality assurance and research and development purposes.
Fatigue-Free Optical Viewing
Patented optical technology of Mantis removes the need for restrictive eyepieces of a conventional microscope, allowing operators freedom of head movement, providing superb ergonomics and hand-eye co-ordination, plus the ability to wear prescription or safety glasses, if required.
Mantis Elite, with counter-balanced universal stand, for flexibility and ease of use.
- High stability bench stand with integral focus, dimmable substage illumination.
- Designed specifically for applications requiring extended reach, without compromising stability.
- Maximum reach of 800mm, with optional Secondary Link.
The floor stand (for use with the articulated arm) is specifically designed for stereo inspection where subjects are immobile or require a standing position. Mobile and highly stable, the floor stand provides a versatile option for Mantis operators.
- 360° movement around the base
- Lift, swing, tilt and rotate capability
Mantis Elite 3D Inspection System Details
Make no mistake – the optical and ergonomic performance of the Mantis Elite-Cam Stereo Microscope with camera is unrivalled.
“Wow!” The most common reaction when looking into a Mantis for the first time...
Price and Performance
Mantis Elite-Cam not only incorporates the most modern advances in optical design with LED illumination and a small footprint, but with the integrated digital USB camera, achieves a superb price/performance ratio.
- A complete integrated solution - one unit to achieve a multitude of low magnification tasks.
- Patented optical design allows your eyes and hands to work together resulting in increased throughput, accuracy and reduced scrap and rework.
- 2x – 20x magnification options with quick change turret allows users to switch between low magnification inspection and high magnification fine detail tasks.
- Increased head and body freedom for the operator leads to greater productivity, increased throughput, improved quality control and less fatigue.
- From inspection, preparation, rework and manipulation tasks the Mantis Elite-Cam provides exceptional hand-eye co-ordination with easy-to-use imaging software.
Image and video capture software included
The Mantis Elite-Cam comes with AMCap PC image capture software as standard which enables basic image capture in a variety of formats, including: BMP, JPEG, PNG, AVI and WMV.
Easy to install and intuitive to use, it is light on computer system resources.
Powerful imaging, mark-up and measurement software (optional upgrade)
DimensionOne™ is a powerful imaging, annotation and dimensioning software solution for the Mantis Elite-Cam, providing fast, precise imaging of your samples and components.
- Image capture - DimensionOne™ captures an image with a click of the mouse, or a touch of the screen* - it’s that simple! (* Requires Windows 7 for touch screen functionality)
- Annotation - Adding annotation text could not be easier. DimensionOne™ has one simple font and a palette of colours, ensuring maximum contrast can always be obtained for easy reading.
- Dimensioning and on-screen measurement tools - On-screen dimensioning can be performed on any captured image to measure circles, lines, points, angles and distances. Additionally, there is a range of powerful measurement tools available.
- Save it, email it, print it. The choice is yours. Files can be saved as .jpg, .png, or .bmp
- Multi-lingual software - DimensionOne™ is available in multiple languages.
More on DimensionOne™ microscope imaging software.
The Mantis Elite-Cam stereo inspection system is a popular solution for inspecting and manipulating samples under magnification.
A range of accessories provides extended reach, increased height and larger working distances to reduce difficulties of inspection tasks.
Provides smooth and sensitive control allowing for samples to be accurately inspected. For use with bench stand only.
- Sensitive controls for steady manoeuvrability
2x, 4x, 6x, 6x SLWD (Super Long Working Distance), 8x, 10x, 15x and 20x objective lenses are available, to suite different application requirements.
Mantis Elite-Cam houses 2 objectives in a quick rotate turret, so you can inspect at lower magnification, then switch to higher magnification for detail work.
With a 112mm working distance, the 6x SLWD objective is an ideal solution for precision applications requiring both inspection and detail tasks, such as hair restoration and dental laboratory work.
Disposable lens protection caps are available to protect your objective lens from damage when soldering, or in similar aggressive environments.
Keep the workspace clear. A secondary link increases total reach of the Articulated Arm to 800mm, for ultimate flexibility and manoeuvrability.
To discuss your particular requirements in further detail please contact your local Vision Engineering representative.
|Objective Lenses ||Working Distance ||Field of View |
|2x ||160mm ||57.0mm |
|4x ||96mm ||34.0mm |
|6x ||68mm ||23.0mm |
|6x SLWD* ||112mm ||20.0mm |
|8x ||59mm ||17.0mm |
|10x ||54mm ||13.5mm |
|15x ||40mm ||8.8mm |
|20x ||29mm ||6.5mm |
* cannot be used together with 2x or 20x objective lens
|Surface ||24 LEDs ||11,000 LUX |
(bench stand only)
|58 LEDs ||2,700 LUX |
- 9V DC external plug transformer, available in all worldwide plug configurations.
- Bench Stand: 100-240VAC 50-60HZ 1.0A Max, available in all worldwide plug configurations.
A = 593mm - 802mm
B = 352mm - 622mm
C = 415mm - 624mm
D = 103mm - 312mm
- A = 1390mm
- B = see Articulated Arm
Mantis Elite-Cam includes
- USB cable, (1m)
- Simple AMCap image capture software, with installation CD
|Software ||System requirements |
|AMCap Elite-Cam (included as standard) || |
Windows XP SP3 or higher (32-bit or 64-bit systems)
31.5MB free disk space
|DimensionOneTM (optional upgrade) || |
Windows XP or later (Windows 7 or later required for touch-screen functionality)
|Vifox (optional upgrade) || |
Windows XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7
Note: Local administrator rights are required during installation. Users need full rights in the registry key "Hkey_Current_User - Software - VB and VBA Program Settings".
- 2x, 4x, 6x, 6x SLWD, 8x, 10x, 15x, 20x objective lenses
- Floating stage
- Secondary link arm
- Lens protection caps, disposable
- Dust cover, Universal Stand
- Dust cover, Bench Stand
- Replacement LED array