Over 10 years, the 'original' Mantis became the accepted standard for ergonomics and high performance magnification with over 150,000 installed units worldwide.
Launched in 1994, the 'original' Mantis was designed to fill the gap between a bench magnifier and a microscope.
A new family of Mantis stereo viewers (Mantis Elite, Mantis Elite- Cam and Mantis Compact) were launched in 2005 to replace the highly successful 'original' Mantis.
- Original Mantis now superseded by:
- Mantis Compact
- Mantis Elite
- Mantis Elite-Cam
- 2x, 4x, 6x, 8x,10x magnification options
- Superior ergonomics for fatigue-free viewing and increased quality / productivity
- Superb hand-eye co-ordination for inspection and manipulation tasks
- Long working distance and large field of view
Vision Engineering Ltd is dedicated to supporting the service and repair needs of customers, and we continually strive to provide the best value in spares and services. Our policy is to support our ‘no longer manufactured’ products for as long as commercially possible.
In February 2009 we made every effort to notify our customers and distributors through various channels about the discontinuation of Original Mantis and the impact on availability of spare parts.
January 2015 - Spares are no longer available for Original Mantis.