The COMPLETE SOLUTION for low magnification inspection, manipulation and documentation tasks.
Mantis Elite-Cam HD is comprised of a standard Mantis Elite 'eyepiece-less' stereo microscope, with a factory integrated HD digital camera, offering truly superb 3D imaging plus the flexibility and convenience of digital image capture.
Winner of numerous industry design awards, the outstanding ergonomic design of Mantis allows your eyes and hand to work together naturally, eliminating user fatigue, improving efficiency and productivity for any precision task requiring magnification.
This system comes complete with great software to allow you to carry out easy-to-use image archiving and annotation. Advanced software for dimensioning and simple measurement is available as an upgrade.
- Unique eyepiece-less design
- Unrivalled depth perception and 3D view
- Unbeatable ergonomics for increased productivity
- 2x – 20x optical magnification options (two position quick change turret)
- Factory integrated HD USB2.0 camera
- Complete with great image capture and mark-up software
- Powerful DimensionOne™ imaging and measurement software (optional upgrade)
- Choice of stands and accessories to suit numerous applications
Amazing 3 dimensional view
The expanded pupil technology of the Mantis Elite Cam HD enables users to move within the optical paths, effectively allowing the user to look around the subject by moving their head. This increases depth perception enabling easier hand eye coordination and natural manipulations.
Effective software included
Simple, easy-to-use uEye image and video capture software is included as standard to allow you to quickly get up and running, make annotations and optimise camera settings for your application.
An upgrade to the powerful DimensionOne™ software provides the added benefits of on-screen measurement tools.
uEye and DimensionOne™ are available in all major languages.
Fatigue-free optical viewing
Patented optical technology of Mantis removes the need for restrictive eyepieces of a conventional microscope, allowing operators freedom of head movement, providing superb ergonomics and hand-eye co-ordination, plus the ability to wear prescription or safety glasses, if required.
Mantis Elite, with counter-balanced universal stand, for flexibility and ease of use.
- High stability bench stand with integral focus, dimmable substage illumination.
- Designed specifically for applications requiring extended reach, without compromising stability.
- Maximum reach of 800mm, with optional Secondary Link.
The floor stand (for use with the articulated arm) is specifically designed for stereo inspection where subjects are immobile or require a standing position. Mobile and highly stable, the floor stand provides a versatile option for Mantis operators.
- 360° movement around the base
- Lift, swing, tilt and rotate capability
Mantis Elite 3D Inspection System Details
Make no mistake – the optical and ergonomic performance of the Mantis Elite-Cam HD Stereo Microscope with camera is unrivalled.
“Wow!” The most common reaction when looking into a Mantis for the first time...
Naturally, as many people have never looked into an eyepiece-less stereo microscope before, it is difficult to truly understand the "wow!" factor. Why not request an on-site demonstration, so you can see the "wow!" for yourself?
Price and Performance
Mantis Elite-Cam HD not only incorporates the most modern advances in optical design with LED illumination and a small footprint, but with the integrated digital USB camera, achieves a superb price/performance ratio.
- A complete integrated solution - one unit to achieve a multitude of low magnification tasks.
- Patented optical design allows your eyes and hands to work together resulting in increased throughput, accuracy and reduced scrap and rework.
- 2x – 20x magnification options with quick change turret allows users to switch between low magnification inspection and high magnification fine detail tasks.
- Increased head and body freedom for the operator leads to greater productivity, increased throughput, improved quality control and less fatigue.
- From inspection, preparation, rework and manipulation tasks the Mantis Elite-Cam HD provides exceptional hand-eye co-ordination with easy-to-use imaging software.
Image and video capture software included
The Mantis Elite-Cam HD comes with uEye image capture PC software as standard which enables image capture as well as video recording.
- Quickly and simply add annotations / mark-up to captured images using the uEye software supplied
- Image capture in a variety of formats (.bmp, .jpg and .png)
- Video recording (.avi), ideal for training purposes
- Multilingual uEye software, available in 14 languages
- Optimise camera settings for individual applications, including white balance, gain, contrast, colour channel gain
Powerful imaging, mark-up and measurement software (optional upgrade)
DimensionOne™ is a powerful imaging, annotation and dimensioning software solution for the Mantis Elite-Cam HD, providing fast, precise imaging of your samples and components.
- Image capture - DimensionOne™ captures an image with a click of the mouse, or a touch of the screen* - it’s that simple! (* Requires Windows 7 for touch screen functionality)
- Annotation - Adding annotation text could not be easier. DimensionOne™ has one simple font and a palette of colours, ensuring maximum contrast can always be obtained for easy reading.
- Dimensioning and on-screen measurement tools - On-screen dimensioning can be performed on any captured image to measure circles, lines, points, angles and distances. Additionally, there is a range of powerful measurement tools available.
- Save it, email it, print it. The choice is yours. Files can be saved as .jpg, .png, or .bmp
- Multi-lingual software - DimensionOne™ is available in multiple languages.
More on DimensionOne™ microscope imaging software.
The Mantis Elite-Cam HD enhanced stereo inspection system is a popular solution for inspecting and manipulating samples under magnification.
A range of accessories is available for tailoring to individual application requirements.
The episcopic illuminator provides a concentration of light through-the-lens (TTL) to illuminate the bottom and sides of component features, which would otherwise be difficult to view.
With an iris feature to allow focusing of the light, the episcopic illuminator is ideal for the inspection of complex internal/external features, such as bores, pipes, tubes, slots, holes and connectors.
- Focusable, through the lens illumination
- Available with 4x, 6x, 8x and 10x objectives
(6x, 8x and 10x objectives require a spacer block)
Provides smooth and sensitive control allowing for samples to be accurately inspected. For use with bench stand only.
- Sensitive controls for steady manoeuvrability
2x, 4x, 6x, 6x SLWD (Super Long Working Distance), 8x, 10x, 15x and 20x objective lenses are available, to suit different application requirements.
Mantis Elite-Cam HD houses 2 objectives in a quick rotate turret, so you can inspect at lower magnification, then switch to higher magnification for detail work.
With a 112mm working distance, the 6x SLWD objective is an ideal solution for precision applications requiring both inspection and detail tasks, such as hair restoration and dental laboratory work.
Disposable lens protection caps are available to protect your objective lens from damage when soldering, or in similar aggressive environments.
Keep the workspace clear. A secondary link increases total reach of the Articulated Arm to 800mm, for ultimate flexibility and manoeuvrability.
To discuss your particular requirements in further detail please contact your local Vision Engineering representative.
|Objective Lenses ||Working Distance ||Field of View |
|2x ||160mm ||57.0mm |
|4x ||96mm ||34.0mm |
|6x ||68mm ||23.0mm |
|6x SLWD* ||112mm ||20.0mm |
|8x ||59mm ||17.0mm |
|10x ||54mm ||13.5mm |
|15x ||40mm ||8.8mm |
|20x ||29mm ||6.5mm |
* cannot be used together with 2x or 20x objective lens
|Surface ||24 LEDs ||11,000 LUX |
(bench stand only)
|58 LEDs ||2,700 LUX |
|Sensor type ||CMOS |
|Resolution (H X W) ||1600 x1200 pixels |
|Sensor size ||1/3" |
|Pixel size ||2.8μm |
|Colour depth ||8-bit |
|Refresh rate ||18.3 fps max. |
| Interface || USB 2.0 |
|File formats ||BMP, JPG,PNG, AVI |
|Supplied software ||uEye Cockpit |
- 9V DC external plug transformer, available in all worldwide plug configurations.
- Bench Stand: 100-240VAC 50-60HZ 1.0A Max, available in all worldwide plug configurations.
A = 593mm - 802mm
B = 352mm - 622mm
C = 415mm - 624mm
D = 103mm - 312mm
- A = 1390mm
- B = see Articulated Arm
Mantis Elite-Cam includes
- USB cable, (1m)
- uEye image capture software, on memory stick
|Software ||System requirements |
|uEye (included as standard) || |
Windows 7 (64-bit systems)
Languages: English, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, French, Polish, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Hungarian, Thai.
|DimensionOneTM (optional upgrade) || |
Windows XP or later (Windows 7 or later required for touch-screen functionality)
- 2x, 4x, 6x, 6x SLWD, 8x, 10x, 15x, 20x objective lenses
- Floating stage
- Secondary link arm (for articulated arm)
- Lens protection caps, disposable
- Dust cover, Universal Stand
- Dust cover, Bench Stand
- Replacement LED illumination arrays