A vacancy has arisen for a part time, permanent additional member to the Vision Engineering global Marketing/Marcomms team.
90% of Vision Engineering’s business comes from export and Vision has approximately 50 on the road sales staff and sales managers in 12 overseas countries. Additionally Vision Engineering has over 80 distributors and sub distributors, who have a further estimated 300 on the road sales staff.
Aim of the role
Substantial technical material, case studies, trade show PR and general news items in many different media forms is generated at the moment. The material is often produced locally, in different countries and varies considerably in its production standards and comprehensiveness.
This valuable material needs to be more adequately exploited by being collated, improved, branded and distributed to our direct and indirect sales channels.
The UK based Marcomms Executive will ensure a regular flow of supporting material, in a variety of modern and traditional media, gets, on a regular basis, to as many of our global direct and distributor sales staff as possible.
- Creation and maintenance of a database of Vision Engineering Sales, Service & Marketing staff, with Email addresses
- Creation & Maintenance of a database of major sales partner/distributors globally, with individual sales & marketing staff, where allowed
- Gathering and consolidation of material from global Vision Engineering staff, whether on social media, YouTube, embedded video, Email, PR, verbal or other
- Tidying up, copy writing, setting in attractive format, with appropriate visuals including translation, where required (through agencies)
- Regular re-transmission of material to the databases above
- Statistical monitoring of receipt and reading
- Some content writing (mainly improvement/manipulation of existing content in conjunction with the Group Content Marketing Manager)
- Some graphics capability for attractive presentation of content/graphics/photos/video & for improvement of existing content
- Excel capabilities for database management
- Statistical capabilities for reporting (statistical packages can be taught)
- Must be creative and hands-on, with a very good eye for detail
- Organised and self-motivated
This is a permanent, part-time role, to work two full office based days (actual days to suit both parties), total 14.5 hours per week. There is free parking on site and excellent staff facilities including free on-site gym.
Formed in 1958, Vision Engineering Ltd is an award-winning manufacturer of patented ergonomic stereo microscopes, digital viewers, non-contact measuring systems and a range of analytical instrumentation. Our market is global and the world’s leading manufacturing companies rely on our products to improve quality control of their manufactured parts. From fault detection and rework to R&D and quality control, Vision Engineering’s products are unrivalled when it comes to ergonomics.
Our comprehensive range of equipment is applicable to a wide range of applications in industries including, but not limited to: aerospace, automotive, electronics, precision engineering, plastics and medical device manufacture.
Vision Engineering has a strong and well-funded R&D strategy, encompassing market driven product development and blue skies technological research. This strategy has led to the granting of 3 new global patents, relating to digital and optical technology. These patents are now being developed into commercially viable and competitive products.
Vision Engineering employs over 220 people and includes the Global HQ and manufacturing facilities in Send, Surrey and manufacturing in Connecticut, USA. Wholly-owned sales and service subsidiaries are located in Germany, Japan, France, Italy and the USA, with additional representative offices in China, Malaysia and India. Vision Engineering, now in its 61st year, has some excellent projects and future plans in progress and has recently moved into the new 85,000sq ft. factory complex at the Send, Surrey, UK site.
How to apply
If you would like to apply for this position, please complete the application form and send it along with a cover letter to:
Recruitment and Administrative Manager
Vision Engineering Ltd,
Send Road, Send,
GU23 7ER, England.
No agencies please.