The retirement of a very successful member of the UK sales team has given the opportunity to reorganise some regional sales areas. A new role is being established for a Regional Direct & Distributor Sales Manager in order to sustain and expand Vision Engineering product sales in the UK North and West region.
The position, can be based anywhere from the Midlands northwards or in the North West, will involve extensive travel around the region in order to make direct sales to new and existing customers and provide technical and commercial support to new and existing distributors.
Regular visits (every two weeks as a guide) will be made to the UK Global HQ and manufacturing facility in Surrey.
The ideal candidate will have experience of instrumentation technical sales into one or more of electronics, precision engineering, automotive, aerospace and medical device manufacturing markets.
This region consists of established successful Vision Engineering sales areas: UK South West, Wales, North West & Scotland. Sales into established Vision Engineering areas tend to be 60% direct to customer and 40% through distributor.
The successful applicant will be responsible for:
- Successful sales growth of Vision Engineering products in defined areas of the UK , both through direct customer sales and established distribution channels (Enquiries are generated through a central marketing/telemarketing structure)
- An annual sales target IRO £600,000 direct , £300,000 through distribution
- The full life cycle of direct end user sales, from enquiry to payment, maximising sustainable and profitable customer accounts
- Technical demonstrations and training of Vision Engineering products to customers and distributors
- Recruitment of new distributors, where appropriate
- Technical and commercial support to existing distributors and to regularly evaluate their performance
- Ensuring distributor channels are current with Vision Engineering news and product and application developments and provide support at exhibitions and seminars
- Ensuring UK senior management are updated with relevant and current market feedback, sales performance and forecasts
- Liaison with Marketing and Product Management departments to collaboratively develop sales and marketing strategies to improve sales
Required knowledge, skills & experience
- An experienced sales person/manager with a successful track record selling direct and managing distribution channels
- The ideal candidate will be a technically-competent, sales professional, with a relevant background in the sales of instrumentation, measuring systems, and/or associated capital equipment into a range of technical manufacturing markets
- A good understanding of electronics, medical or precision engineering manufacturing industries would be an advantage
- While working as part of a team, the successful candidate will be a self-starter, with good time management, self-discipline and multitasking skills
- A confident communicator, able to create effective working relationships at all levels.
- IT literate , at user level
- Ability to be based from home, ideally with some home storage available for demo units
- Vision Engineering is an equal opportunities employer
Personal development & benefits
Vision Engineering is a progressive, forward thinking company, which subscribes fully to the letter and spirit of equal opportunity.
Staff Development is key to our continued success. A well-funded staff development plan, with a dedicated Staff Development Manager, operates throughout the Company, allowing for professional & personal development.
Additional benefits include excellent staff facilities, an on-site gym, yoga/exercise classes, transport to and from the local station, multicultural feast day celebrations and government childcare voucher and Cycle to Work schemes.
Formed in 1958, Vision Engineering Ltd is an award-winning manufacturer of patented ergonomic stereo microscopes, digital viewers, non-contact measuring systems and a range of analytical instrumentation. Our market is global and the world’s leading manufacturing companies rely on our products to improve quality control of their manufactured parts. From fault detection and rework to R&D and quality control, Vision Engineering’s products are unrivalled when it comes to ergonomics.
Our comprehensive range of equipment is applicable to a wide range of applications in industries including, but not limited to: aerospace, automotive, electronics, precision engineering, plastics and medical device manufacture.
Vision Engineering has a strong and well-funded R&D strategy, encompassing market driven product development and blue skies technological research. This strategy has led to the granting of 3 new global patents, relating to digital and optical technology. These patents are now being developed into commercially viable and competitive products.
Vision Engineering employs over 220 people and includes the Global HQ and manufacturing facilities in Send, Surrey and manufacturing in Connecticut, USA. Wholly-owned sales and service subsidiaries are located in Germany, Japan, France, Italy and the USA, with additional representative offices in China, Malaysia and India. Vision Engineering, now in its 61st year, has some excellent projects and future plans in progress and has recently moved into the new 85,000sq ft. factory complex at the Send, Surrey, UK site.
How to apply
If you would like to apply for this position, please complete the application form and send it along with a cover letter to:
Recruitment and Administrative Manager
Vision Engineering Ltd,
Send Road, Send,
GU23 7ER, England.
No agencies please!