We are specialists in high-tech optical / mechanical product manufacture.
Vision Engineering Manufacturing Services’ UK and USA machine shop houses an extensive, modern milling, turning and grinding capability (both CNC and manual), supported by state-of-the-art quality control facilities.
Additionally, a substantial tool room with skilled toolmakers provides prototyping and short run/small batch parts.
In our UK facility our latest acquisition includes a Kitamura 4-axis, 50 tool, 2 pallet horizontal machining centre for fast and accurate milling of simple to complex parts. Complex parts can be produced in a single operation using multiple setups with multiple datums, and enables us to achieve 5-axis parts quickly with great repeatability.
Mazak Hyper Quadrex
These powerful machines can be geared up to run 24/7 with file loader, powerful machine and bespoke parts catcher.
Citizen M20 & M30
These lathes are great for large runs of complex threaded parts and can operate for long hours.
Our lathes and mills include xyz, protoTRAK software and okamoto grinder allow us great capability for producing one of parts and reverse engineering.
The UK multi-purpose Paint Shop facility is capable of refinishing a wide variety of materials including Ferrous and Non-Ferrous metals along with a variety of plastics, paint processes include wet spray systems and powder-coating of any desired coating and colour.
Preparation processes include Sandblasting, deburring, fettling, aqueous and solvent degreasing along with masking solutions to suit all job requirements.
Product and Instrument assembly
Vision Engineering Manufacturing Services’ contract manufacturing and assembly services provide access to leading-edge technologies and facilities, including dust-free clean rooms, temperature controlled calibration and state-of-the-art quality control facilities.
There are two modern assembly sites in Woking, UK and one in Connecticut, USA, both with a multi skilled and flexible workforce of over 60 personnel, with a wealth of experience in the assembly of high precision optical and mechanical instruments.
- Capable of manufacturing and testing wire harnesses, PCB’s and complete assemblies e.g. PSU’s
- ESD and RoHS compliancy
- 24/7 burn and life test rigs
Optical Head / Zoom / Camera Section
- Multi skilled workforce involved in electro mechanical assembly, mechanical assembly and optical alignment of a variety of optical / CCTV and mechanical instrumentation zooms and mechanical assemblies
- Positive pressure clean room facility with laminar extraction cabinets
- UV curing ovens
- UV gluing machines
OEM Instrumentation Section
- Multi skilled assembly staff able to carry our short-run and varied batch electro-optical-mechanical assembly
Flow Manufacturing Section
- Multi skilled assembly staff specialising in higher throughput electronic, mechanical and optical assemblies First & Second Line Service
First Line Service
- Technicians in USA, Germany, France, Italy, Japan (in the field and in dedicated workshops). Offering service and annual calibration
- Second Line and Return to Base Service Technicians for more comprehensive repairs in UK and USA
- Skilled fitters who manufacture complex measuring products from start to finish, using multiple tools and gauges
- Testing capabilities, measuring in fractions of microns
- Temperature controlled (20°C) calibration room
Turning your ideas into reality
Good product idea, but need help with:
- Competitive manufacturing
- Aggressive global purchasing
- Sales channel development
- Distributor recruitment
Vision Engineering Manufacturing Services has helped many customers develop and exploit the potential of their ideas.