Today we are excited to unveil a revolutionary digital 3D stereoscopic display technology at Control, Stuttgart. Unlike traditional mono digital microscopes, Vision Engineering’s Deep Reality Viewer (DRV) creates stereo high definition 3D images, without using a monitor or requiring operators to wear headsets or specialist glasses: images ‘float’ in front of a mirror.
Using Vision Engineering’s patented TriTeQ3 digital 3D display technology, the DRV-Z1 (Zoom model 1) incorporates a microscope and is the first device of its class to be launched by the manufacturer.
Developed to address quality control and assurance requirements in sectors including electronics, aerospace, automotive and medical industries, DRV-Z1 is designed to advance the quality control and production process, by enabling operators to view magnified subjects in 3D, in unprecedented detail, without the need for additional viewing apparatus.
The award-winning manufacturer also sees huge capability for improving the quality control process in a broad range of industries. For example, in Life Science applications, it enables biological samples to be examined in stereoscopic HD 3D, without risking heat damage to tissues.
Commenting on the technological breakthrough, Paul Newbatt, Vision Engineering’s Sales and Marketing Director said:
TriTeQ3 blends Vision Engineering’s long-established, industry-proven and award-winning optical stereoscopic technologies and digital monoscopic technologies. DRV-Z1 delivers a technological breakthrough, and is a game changer for inspection and quality control processes.”
Mark Curtis, managing director of Vision Engineering said:
Over the past 60 years Vision Engineering has built its reputation on the innovation, quality, performance and ergonomics of our visual inspection and metrology systems. DRV-Z1 provides enhanced 3D visualisation and overcomes current problems with 3D modelling and inspection systems. By amalgamating our existing technologies, we’ve delivered an entirely new concept to our existing customer base, as well as opening up opportunities in fresh markets.”
- Unique deep reality viewer enables stereoscopic 3D viewing with vivid depth perception, at UHD resolution, without requiring special eye wear or VR headsets
- Developed to address QC and QA requirements in electronics, automotive engineering, aerospace industries and all precision engineering applications
- Break-through technology from the inventors of the award-winning ergonomic Mantis microscopes: the original and best
- First of its class
- An amalgamation of Vision Engineering’s award-winning optical stereoscopic and digital monoscopic technologies
- Ergonomic design reduces operator fatigue and promotes productivity and accuracy
- Enables remote viewing of dynamic 3D images in in stereo full HD
- Enables improved accuracy in manufacturing processes such as deburring and reworking
- DRV-Z1 is the first in a series of innovative 3D stereo full HD resolution viewing systems, based on Vision Engineering’s patented TriTeQ3 technology