Green technology, clean technology or environmental technology describes sustainable energy generation technologies such as photovoltaics (PV), solar power, solar thermal energy, wind turbines, bioreactors, hydroelectricity, electric vehicles or energy saving modules.
Sustainable development is the core purpose of green technology. So ensuring a sustainable quality control of the components incorporated into green products is important and a necessary part in that process.
Inspection of components and parts
The general inspection of surfaces and structures, such as semiconductors and panels, is one of the essential quality control tasks, as is the inspection of all electronic components in the photovoltaic and solar technology area.
Some manufacturers in this industry use the Lynx stereo zoom microscope with the direct and oblique viewer accessory for their quality inspection routine of electronic components such as industrial inverter or usual power control boards.
Also every component which is part of a complete module or PV plant is often inspected by a Vision Engineering stereo inspection system, e.g. the Mantis viewing system.
These parts are manufactured of different materials such as plastic, ceramic or aluminium and many more. Stereo microscopes and stereo inspection systems are also used in the research and development area to investigate the fine surface layer.
The benefit of the worldwide unique eyepiece-less stereo inspection systems and stereo microscopes from Vision Engineering and the incomparable ergonomics the systems offer are the key issues especially in that future-oriented industry sector.
Measurements in the photovoltaic and solar periphery
To ensure a traceable accuracy in 2 or 3 axis measurement is often essential in the PV and solar periphery to observe the standards and specifications. In the assembly and manufacturing area you have to provide the system or tool which fits the best for your application. A high end measurement platform is not always the needed because sometimes it is important to decide manually if it is right or wrong (pass/fail).
Vision Engineering offers a wide range of non-contact measurement systems for almost every application from every material to provide a reasonable solution for the customer.
The Swift-Duo measuring microscope with its optics and/or video combination and the Hawk 3 axis measurement systems are used by well-known companies in this industry sector.
For example two typical measurement applications in that industry area:
- Mounting systems of Photovoltaic/Solar modules
- Measuring of the cross-section from aluminium profiles.
- There are often no clear edges of the profile visible. Therefore companies use manual optical systems with the eyepiece-less viewing technology because you are able to identify uncertain or poor edges.
- Modules or solar components
- Measuring of unwanted laser faults which are a result in the manufacturing process of solar modules.
- Fault detection
- Quality control
- Research & Development
- Investigation & Testing
- Dimensional accuracy
- Inspection of electronic components (part of the whole modules)
- Quality control of electronic control panels
- Visual inspection of semiconductor parts
- Measurement of aluminium profiles (mounting systems)
- Measuring of laser faults resulted through the manufacturing process
- Inspection of supplied parts or components
The world’s best companies know that superb image quality and a comfortable working position are not luxury features – they are the key to increased productivity and quality. So if you want to magnify, inspect and measure, in complete comfort, make the smart choice.