Quickly and easily set-up and focus your stereo microscope.
- Turn on the illumination – adjust the light source so that it illuminates the subject.
- Set the dioptre setting(s) to zero.
- With the eyes about 10mm away from the eyepieces, adjust the distance between the eyepieces (interpupillary distance) until you see a single image.
- Adjust the illumination brightness to the desired levels.
- Zoom up to the highest magnification.
- Closing the right eye (or the same eyepiece as the dioptre adjustment), adjust the focus until you get a sharp image.
- Closing the left eye, adjust the eyepiece dioptre until you obtain a sharp image.
(Make a note of your dioptre setting for future convenience.)
Note: Dioptre adjustment is performed on just one of the eyepieces.
- Your stereo microscope is now correctly focused. Your sample will be in focus throughout the zoom range.